Thursday, February 3, 2011

HorsePower!

Happy February all! In the last month I have read some really great blogs. I would like to share a couple of them.
"Barefoot horse blog" is one of my favorites. Lucy is a barefoot trimmer who writes about different cases which are very interesting and you learn alot just by reading and looking at the pictures she takes.
Another favorite I like to read and learn from is Horse Harmony in one blog post Madalyn Ward DVM, wrote about why horses have clicky or crunky bone noises. Which I had always wondered!

 
  As for my personal adventures, I have been BUSY! I love being occupied and having so much to focus on, especially when it is something I enjoy. School was always tough for me because I never saw the point and could never convince myself I had to do the work. But now, going to work at the autoparts store, working for Parelli Natural Horsemanship online, and practicing with my horse for the Fast Track is really something I enjoy doing.
  First a quick blurb about my AutoStore job. I love the guys I work with they are all nice to me and make me feel like one of them and apart from the occasional jerk that comes into the store the customers respect me too. Except for the other day when this ancient looking old man came in and I greeted him and asked if there was anything I could help him with...he looked at me, then at my store manager, and said "well who's going to help me more, then man or the woman?" I was dumbfounded that he would say that out loud, i mean ya i can tell some old fashion guys come in and you can tell they are thinking that but really, who says that?! My store manager shook his head and said "she'll help you sir" So grudgingly he made his way over to me and I put on my happy helpful face and attitude and helped him. Got him the right parts and information and out the door. I was hard for me not to say anything at the snide remarks he made to me throughout the time i helped him but now i feel good i didn't say anything and maybe just maybe he felt bad about his comment after i surly proved it wrong.
Ok on to horses!
 
  I took Titan ( my gelding who I'm taking to the FT ) and Bayli ( my mare, who I'm trying to lease out so that she gets equal love! ) down to my friends indoor arena, Charlie Johnson 1 star instructor (2 star soon!) and his wife Tina have a lovely little barn called Goose Creek Stables where they practice Parelli Principles in everything they do.
Anyway, I took the two of them down there and it was a fun adventure! Bayli doesn't go out as much as Titan so this was good for her. She is really good about coming to me right away if I have her at liberty in an arena, and Titan is usually great too. This time however he decided he didn't want to come to me when i asked. So I worked with Bayli in the middle of the arena and he kept trotting around us. Now he could have run over to the side where the other horses where but he didn't. Instead he went around to every obstacle he could find that he knows i would have asked him to do. He would look at me, trot over to the pedestal and stand up there like a proud lion. Then when i didnt pay attention to that he trotted over to the barrels, looked at me, jumped them, looked at me again as if to say "hey look mom I'm doing everything LOOK at ME!" haha it was so darn cute i then asked him to come to me and he ran over all happy.
  Then tonight was the first time I rode Titan bareback and bridleless! He did so well. I love working with him, he tries so hard for me. If only I could get everyone to do Parelli so that they too could find the joy others have when their horses trying as hard as mine does for me.

Well bye bye for now!

All of you have a savvy month!

~Gina Chianello
Parelli: A natural approach to horse training!

1 comment: