Wednesday, May 11, 2011

No "What If's"

Where has these last 2 months gone??? I'm here! How are you?! Here's a little of what's been going on with me!


No “What If’s”
 Going for my dream is something I’m doing. I don’t want it to be one of those things I look back at in 20, 30, 40 years and wish I would have done differently. If it doesn’t work out I can always go back and take the path society tells the youth they should, college.  And as my father tells me,  I’m not going to fail at this; I’m going to be doing what I love the rest of my days. So with that, about a year ago I decided to throw myself completely into following my bliss and becoming a Parelli Natural Horsemanship Instructor. It’s been exciting and difficult, especially at first. I had a lot of people judge me and wonder what I would become. To be honest I ask myself that all the time, but it’s a healthy way to refocus. As time has gone on though I am amazed at the number of my friends in college, at the barn (Goose Creek Stables and Templeton Equestrian) , at work (AutoZone) or just people I meet and get to talking to, who give me support and wish it was them following their dreams and making a career out of what they love. My response, why not? This is your one shot in life, why waste your days doing something you “like” or even “dislike” instead of “love.” And if I could through in a little relationship advice here, I think what I just said applies. My friend Johnny once told me “there are too many things in life that are mediocre; love shouldn’t be one of them.” That touched me and I fully believe in it. To take it one step further, don’t let your career be something you settle for.
    The next couple months will consist of more hard work for Titan and I then we’ve ever experienced. I can't help but be excited! By the way Titan greets me everyday I’m sure he’s excited too! Off to CO in the middle of June, Fast Track in July and then I’m working on Dave Ellis’s ranch in Aug! Yeeehaww am I excited! During the Horse Expo in Albany OR in March, I met Michael Sparling, he talked about how he was going down to LS Ranch in CA to manage it for Dave, he encouraged me to email Jody, Dave’s wife, and see how I could get down there. Well, I’m going! I can’t describe how excited I am to do hard work on that ranch. Most call me crazy. I love it.
   My brother Steve Chianello, a Mona Vie distributor and a very knowledgeable man on nutrition, has been extraordinarily influential for me the past couple years. He has helped me make decisions for my life to set myself up to become a happy successful woman. He is always there understanding and dishing out advice, not necessarily when I ask for it but when I need it.
    SO many people I could list on and on about how they’ve influenced me whether you were a customer of mine at AutoZone, a co-worker, that hobo I met last weekend, a close friend or a family member, can I just give a big shout out, THANK YOU. Thank you, whether you support my dream or think I’m crazy because I won’t live with “what if” you’ve given me food for thought and I’m going for this!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Gina! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to follow you someday! My poor fiance will never see me. Have tons of fun!!!!!! And keep us posted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I'm rooting for ya (and following closely on similar sorta paths) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gina,

    All sounds good to me and I don't think your crazy. You know what you want and you should go for it. I wish I'd have known about Parelli when I was younger, but I knew I would end up here, it was in the cards.

    Looking forward to seeing you in July xox

    ReplyDelete